November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday #2

THANK YOU JOE for...................
Endless driving to dr. appointments,  drinks of water, and deepening dependence.  
Hugs and holding my hand, and masked messages only we can share.
Blessings and  strategic juggling of household chores and children's activities.
Earning a living while easing my burdens.  More than most men could handle.
Telling me I'm beautiful with my bare head and raw emotions.
Walgreen runs and a package of oreos under my pillow. 
Calming my housewife guilt with a gentle hand; leading me back to lie down.
Phone calls, "just checking on you calls," and "just because I love you," calls. 
How do I ever express my gratitude and love for this man that married me over twenty six years ago. 
Covenanting with me and God to be by my side as we began a life and family together.  
Both have given us more than one could imagine.  
Breathtaking mountains to climb and breath "shaking" changes as we race up and
 down this roller-coaster of a life buckled in tightly together.  

1 comment:

Sandy said...

This is a lovely tribute to your caregiver, your love and it is more than 'nice' to know there are those who have such strong bonds.

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...