November 04, 2010

Thankful Thursday


      As promised from my last post- lets talk puppies!
This is Kirby a shihtzu my family gave me for my birthday. He is a happy, furry, puppy who soaks up any kind of attention.
       He is a great addition to our family.  Kirby and Zoey, our airedale terrier, have become bests friends.


And now introducing
    THANKFUL THURSDAY a great blog idea shared by Phil another mm blogger.  Every Thursday until Thanksgiving, I will be posting something I am thankful for.
    Today I want to share with you my gratitude for several friends in my life who have been the answer to my prayers over the last two years.  I am learning that many times the Lord answers our prayers through other people.  If a person is "in tune" they will act upon the promptings they feel.
  There has been several times when I have prayed for something and soon after I received a phone call or a visit from a friend who told me they felt prompted to check on me or see how I was doing. These always seem to happen when I need it most.
    Just yesterday I wasn't feeling very well.  Once again I am coming down with a cold.  It was after 6pm and I had not even thought about fixing dinner.  While I was resting, a friend dropped by with a dish of homemade tamales.  She knows my boys love them. Dinner problems solved!
 I am so blessed to have good friends in my life who not only bless me with their friendship but also act upon the promptings they receive and are truly an answer to my prayers.

No comments:

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...