December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve is finally here, and I hope you are all enjoying every minute of it. My family came up and spent the day with me at my parents. It was wonderful!!! I feel rejuvenated and got to hug the stuffin' out of all of them. We enjoyed good food, good conversation and a few moments to reflect on the circumstances of this special Christmas. We are very humbled by the outpouring of love and service from so many kind and wonderful people in our lives. I would like to share a scripture from Alma 7:10-12 that has helped me more clearly understand this purpose for Christ' birth and life upon this earth. "10 And behold, he shall be aborn of Mary, at bJerusalem which is the cland of our forefathers, she being a dvirgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and econceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
No matter what our circumstances or challenges maybe, The Lord understands them! He has taken upon him not only our sins, but our pains, our afflictions, our sicknesses, and our infirmities. Sometimes when we feel we are completely alone and no one can understand what we are going through, we need only to remember that the Lord is there and He is filled with mercy and knows and understands what we are going through. My hope is that each of us will take this scripture literally. I have told this to my children and hope that they know when I can not be there right now to give them a hug, help them with homework or listen to their problems that the Lord will always be there. I think this is a hard process for parents to learn from the time we let them take their first steps alone to sending them off to the first day of school. Sometimes we have to just trust in the Lord and teach our children to do also. Thank you for letting me share some of my personal thoughts on this very Personal Christmas Eve. I love and pray for the Lords choicest blessing to be poured out on you and your families. May we all continue to strive to follow His way and grow from the challenges we face. Love, Kris

7 comments:

J said...

Your posts always bring tears to my eyes! I love you very much Aunt Kristine, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. (or the best you can)

Lorraine M. Davis said...

You and your family are in our thoughts on this special day. You have quite the blog. My husband is enjoying listening to Jack Johnson.
Peace, Love and Light
Lorraine Davis

Lorraine M. Davis said...

G'day,
Merry Xmas! I have finally figured out how to post a comment! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Deans loves your Jack Johnson music.
Peace, Love and Light
Lorraine M. Davis

Anonymous said...

Kristine,
We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and happy to hear about your wonderful visit from your family and the surprise visit from "Santa" Dale!!
Take Care and know you are very
loved!
From,
Michael and Carol Jensen and family
(Anne Maries brother and sister in law)

Nick and Amera said...

Kris your blog is inspiring. I just took an hour and read all of it, including the website to teach me more about the cancer. I love your enthusiasm for life. You have such a positive outlook even in your darndest times. You never skip a beat and your smile even shines through your writting. You are amazing. I love this blog. YOu are a true example of faith, hope and love. You really opened my eyes on the true meaning of life and family. Your testimony is incredible and I only hope that all of these great qualities about yourself will bring you so much comfort and peace during this hard time. You are such a great friend. I love you so much and miss you tremendously in YW. You and your family will always be in our thoughts and prayer. Love you and hope you had a merry christmas!
-Amera Jarvis

Rochelle said...

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post. I felt like I had everything I needed for Christmas...just being with family.

carolyn said...

Kristine
What a beautiful family you have. It was fun to talk to you on the phone yesterday, sorry my phone died so quickly. Hopefully I'll see you again soon at the clinic. Good Luck with the stem cell pulling. Hang in there.

Carolyn-BMT friend

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...