April 06, 2009

Good News, Bad News

I have Good news and Bad news. The Good News first-We met with Dr. Tricot on Friday and found from all the test results that the chemotherapy and my body have been doing what they are supposed to. There is no sign of cancer in the bone marrow and the overall cancer has decreased by 90%!!! After telling the Dr. that I was so frustrated with how slow my recovery from the first tranplant had been, he replied this meant that my body had been working extra hard to kill the cancer (and I thought I had not done a thing for last two months!) I always feel better and more hopeful after meeting with Dr. Tricot. The Bad News is not that bad after such great news. The plan was to begin the next round of treatments on Monday the 6th, however I caught a cold and possible sinus infection over the weekend so everything is postponed til Friday. Plan B is to get over this cold and get healthy enough by Friday to begin chemo then. I am leaving my bags packed and thinking healthy thoughts til then.

10 comments:

Mel and Angus said...

Kris I am so happy for your good news! All those prayers have paid off. Bud and I were talking that we pray for three people that have cancer . . . Kris, Kristie and Kristoffer. Go figure. At this point I am hoping I don't know anymore people whose name starts with KRIS....

I hope you get over your cold soon! We love you guys.

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

Man that is a good news!!! Keep thinking positive, and don't give up. Good luck

Melinda said...

That is great news about the cancer!!! It must be such a relief. I bet knowing that all your struggles over the past severa months were not it vain will give you the strength to make it through round 2. I am sorry that you are sick, hope you get feeling better soon.
You are in my thoughts and prayers
Love Ya
Melinda

Rochelle said...

I think your good news actually sounds like great news! Everybody seems to be getting that cold around here right now. Hope you fell better soon!

Saedi said...

That is AWESOME news!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Brenda said...

Kris, this is wonderful news! You have really worked hard and, obviously, the faith of you and your family has pulled you through to this momentous milestone. I am so glad to see that the results are good and that the treatment is working.

I hope you recover soon from your cold and sinus infection and can resume getting even more improvement in your efforts to 'move the mountain'.

Thinking of you ....

Brenda

Alesha LeMmon said...

Kris - This is great news! We are thinking of you and your wonderful family at this time. Your positive attitude is an example to us all.

Heather Barney said...

Boy, it took me a while to figure this out, and I just found out what your blog is.
Im glad you liked your blanket from the Somerset ward! We are praying for you.
Get better soon so you can go for round 2. You have a purpose. You are loved and have so much to give. I find strength in all you done.

Becky said...

That is wonderful news, Kris!

Elder Samuel Pedro said...

AWESOME news Kris! Your positive attitude and the prayers are working!

I check your blog daily to see what new news you have. WE LOVE YOU guys so much! In fact next summer we are planing to go to Nauvoo because of your stories how much you loved it!

Your biggest fan,
Liz ;-)

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...