December 23, 2008

Frozen Corn and Modern Miracles

So here's the scoop. Yesterday-Monday was a good day. After getting the chemo out of my system for a couple days, I felt pretty good. Had some momentum and was able to even work on a project for Christmas. You could say I was able to put a" little hustle and bustle" into the holiday. Today was a different story. I went in to Hunstman at 8am to have a port placed on the side of my neck for stem cell harvest. Now Modern medicine is amazing and happy sedation drugs are definitely a miracle but after being at the hospital for seven hours I was done. I have found the greatest relief holding a bag of frozen corn on my neck for the past hour. Aw the simple pleasures of life! So my thoughts for the day are; bigger is not always better, drugs are not always the answer and sometimes frozen corn is more than a healthy vegetable! P.S. about 15 more hours til I get to see my family. They are coming up to my parents to spend Christmas Eve day. Beacause of the storm coming on Christmas we thought we would move things up a day just in case the roads are too bad. My amazing husband is bringing up dinner. He loves to cook, and I am spoiled! This will definitely be a unique Christmas, but I know it will be one of great thanksgiving, love, and joy.

3 comments:

THIS JOYFUL LIFE said...

"UNIQUE" CHRISTMAS MEMORY'S ARE ALWAYS THE BEST ONE'S! WE ARE VERY HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO SPEND CHRISTMAS WITH YOUR FAMILY! LOT'S OF LOVE AND PRAYER'S FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOU AND YOURS, AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Mel and Angus said...

I am glad to hear that so far you have weathered the storm pretty well. I think of you everyday and will pray for you and your family. You husband and boys looked so lost at church without you. I am glad that you are going to be able to spend Christmas with them. Hang in there girl! We love you.

Rochelle said...

Your positive outlook in the face of your trial inspires me. I hope you have a great Christmas.

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...