May 08, 2009

99.9%

I met with Dr. Tricot this morning. All my lab work came back with great results. The myeloma cells are 99.9% gone and my white blood cells, hemoglobin, and platelets have recovered significantly. If I had more energy I would be jumping for joy. I am now set to begin maintenance therapy for the next year. Hopefully I can recover quickly enough to begin enjoying it. Strangely enough my biggest issue right now is food! I just have no appetite. I have been on anti nausea medication but it makes me so tired. Now I am trying medicine to increase my appetite. How I ironic! I've spent my whole life trying to lose those last ten pounds and now I have to force myself to eat and gain weight! This afternoon I was pleasantly surprised by a visit from my husband. I didn't think I would get to see him and the kids until Sunday, but he drove up and spent a few hours with me today. He always lifts my spirits and gives the best back rubs. I could not ask for a better husband, father to our children, and best friend. I know this year has been so hard for him. Having to juggle responsibilities as a school principal, running a martial arts studio, being there for our kids and just making sure everything keeps running smoothly. I always knew he was amazing but now I know he is definitely my super hero! All my Love Joe, Love, Kris

7 comments:

Mel and Angus said...

I am so happy for your good news. I think about you quite often and wish I could be there as your neighbor.

Andy and Robyn said...

YEA!!!! That is such great news! I am so relieved and happy for you!

Saedi said...

WAHOO!!!! That is such awesome news Kris!!! We are so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I heard the good knews from Brittney yesterday, we are so happy for you. I knew you would be this mountain and climb to the top. We love you very much and can't wait to you are home again. You are always in our hearts and prayers. You are so awesome!!!!

Love you,
Your friend Vivian

carolyn said...

I am so happy to hear you are improving. I hope your appetite returns soon. Take Care

Camie said...

That is such wonderful news! You will continue to be in our prayers. I'm so excited for you to get back to your family and life!!!

Courtney said...

That is wonderful Kris! Ryan still asks me about when Mrs. Kelly is going to be better so I tell him what you post in your blog. We hope things continue to go well for you!

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...