May 20, 2009

One day at a time

Well here I am 33 days out from my second transplant. What a journey it has been. Harder than I ever dreamed it would be. I am gaining my health back ever so slowly! Last Wednesday I was able to go home for a few days. It was Joe's birthday so my daughter came and got me and snuck me home. Joe was completely surprised when he walked in the house and saw me there. It was so good to be home. I was able to get a few things done while I lay in bed. It was tempting to stay, however after a couple days we knew I was not yet ready physically, emotionally, or mentally. So I am back up to my parents home. I am trying to be patient with myself. Every morning I want to just jump out of bed and move doing the normal routines in a day. Instead I slowly shuffle around the house and spend most of my time resting as my body continues to regain it's strength. Joe reminds me to just take it one day at a time.

3 comments:

Kim, denese and kd dog said...

Hi Kris, Congrats on 33 days PAST your second transplant. Keep remembering, your are GAINING on this. Prayers are in your corner.

denese

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you are doing better each day. You are strong and very brave, Kris you will beat this fight. You have so many people that love you and often keep you in our prayers. Your family is so lucky to have you in their lives. I am also glad you are my friend. Hang in there and like Joe say's take one day at a time and you will get better. Soon you will be home and this will be all behind you. Love you, Vivian

karronj said...

You are an amazing woman Kris. I'm so glad you got to come home for Joe's birthday. Mallory was so proud she pulled off the surprise. You have a wonderful daughter. Keep smiling and we'll keep praying.

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...