January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Jace

Happy Birthday Jace! Today my son turned seventeen! He has been a joy to have in our family. He has always been my superhero. When He was two and three he used to run around the house with nothing on but his underwear and a batman cape saying, "watch me mom, watch me." When he was fifteen he made a batman design out of duct tape and stuck on his bare chest. He layed out on the trampoline to get tan lines in the shape of batman. Jace is always keeping us entertained with his latest creation. Whether it be a new song he made up on the drums or the piano. A new design sprayed painted on a t-shirt or a new hair style. I tell him he is going to be the next Dick Clark (he says who's that!) He likes to hold dance parties in our studio in the back yard. He decorates the studio with lights and a disco ball and has his friends DJ. For Christmas he held a "Wear your Ugly Christmas Sweater Dance" He has a dance for his birthday tomorrow night. I wish I were there! Happy Birthday Jace, I love You!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh, I bet that is the hardest part, feeling like you are missing out on things as everyone eles's life continues to move forward. I know that is how I would feel. What a nice tribute for Jace's b-day! Hang in there, it won't be long before you are in the midst of everything again! Glad to hear you are nearing the top!

J said...

17?? WOW! I can't believe that!

Kristine, you are such an inspiration to me. You are such an amazing mother. Your getting though this trail with such grace and hope. You are a strength and an amazing example to everyone.

I love you, and hope to see you soon!

carolyn owens said...

I am so happy to hear that you are back at your mom's house. Hopefully things will continue to go well for you and you will be back to your own home soon. Good Luck!

Andy and Robyn said...

I love that Mallory came up to spend the night with you. You two have such a good and special relationship. I hope as my girls get older we will have the same kind of relationship...Speaking of my girls, I wanted to let you know that I am expecting a new little one on Aug. 1st. I wanted you to be one of the first to know. We are really excited - but I am also a little overwhelmed. I hope that things continue to improve with you and you can go home again soon. You are awesome!!
P.S. I totally remember Jace with the logo on his chest and how sunburned he got on the first day! :)

Beth said...

Kris, I'm so glad you are feeling better and able to go back to your folks. I saw Joe and Trent today at state wrestling and he said that you had hit bottom and were on your way back up. You'll be over the top before you know it. Can't wait until you are well enough to come home! Love ya!

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...