January 28, 2009

Counting the Days

I am just finishing day eight. Yesterday-day seven was a difficult one. I spent most of the day at the hospital. I had a lot of stomach pain. After a CT scan and blood work they found I had an infection. So I am now on powerful IV antibiotics which I can administer to myself every 6 hours. My platelet count was also really low. A normal person has 100,00. Mine was at 10,000. So I was given a platelet infusion and saline for dehydration. Needless to say I was extremely weak, and could not even walk. I made it through the day and woke up this morning feeling a little better. Hopefully that was the low point. When I went for an appointment this morning, I walked into the waiting room with my mom and there was Joe! He came up to spend the day with me. What a great surprise. I was at the hospital again for six hours getting two blood transfusions and saline IV. It was wonderful to have Joe there with me, holding my hand as I keep on climbing this mountain.

6 comments:

Book Girl said...

Steve and I ran into Joe today as we were leaving the Huntsman. He told us you were having some difficulties. Hang in there you are so close to being on the down side of this slope. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Lynn

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

Kris,Good job on keeping your self so positive. My prayers are with you and your family. Don't give up!

What a nice surprise you have at the hospital! does surprises like that you need to have quite often, it makes your pain goes away faster. Keep smiling

with love Jessy Antonino

Rochelle said...

Thank you for sharing your good days & bad days with us! Hopefully you will have many good days ahead. What a nice husband to come & surprise you like that. Sometimes all we need is someone to comfort us & hold our hand.

Kristine (the Killer Rabbit) Koncher said...

I know your family is being so optimistic about your recovery, I can see it when they talk about you. I know you will reach the top of your mountain with all the love, hope and optimism coming your way. And your hubby is just a sweetheart! ;-)

Brenda said...

Thinking of you, Kris, and sending all the hope and healing I can to you. I am so glad you have so much support as you get through this very difficult ordeal.

Brenda

Melanie Fillmore said...

Kris,

What a blessing to find your blog. You gave me the address once, finally got the address again from Dani. I think she was sick of me asking how you were doing. Think about you and pray for you daily. Your mantra is perfect--beautiful and true. You ARE a strong woman. You can do this. I love you! Melanie (Fillmore)

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...