March 04, 2009

Six weeks down

It has been six weeks since my first stem cell transplant and I am finally starting to feel a little energy and strength, Yeah! Just in time to enjoy some sunshine and the promise of Spring. I heard some birds chirping outside my window this morning and went on a walk the other day (before the wind started blowing around here.) On Saturday, Joe and I actually went on a date to Wallgreens to pick up prescriptions the first time I have been out of the house in weeks. I am still extemely germaphobic-Lysol and hand santizer continue to be my best friends. My goal now is to continue to regain my strength and prepare myself mentally and physically for the next transplant the first part of April. This has been quite the journey for our family. One that has brought many challenges but also many opportunities, experiences, and blessings. We have great hope for the future!

5 comments:

Kristine (the Killer Rabbit) Koncher said...

I'm glad to hear you are hanging in there and feeling a bit better. The promise of spring is certainly a positive influence on all of us. It's the renewal of life and I am sure that your renewal has begun as well! I'm thinking of you often.

Mel and Angus said...

I am glad it is springtime and you are starting to feel human again. Spring always makes me feel reborn. We think of you often and pray for you. Hang in there.

Courtney said...

I'm glad things are going well for you! Ryan misses you and hopes to see you again sometime soon! He keeps asking me how Mrs. Kelly is doing.

Anonymous said...

hi sister kelly, im glad to hear you were able to go out on a walk. You probably didn't feel too bad about missing out on delievering phone books today though. Im glad were gettin money but what a pain. Take care. We miss you.
love, Sierra

Saedi said...

Hi Kris! I'm so happy I found your blog. Sis. Snyder gave me the address forever ago, but I lost it, and I finally remembered/guess what it was tonight. I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling a little better. We miss you, and Ethan misses you too! If there is anything we can ever do, please let us know!

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...