January 14, 2010

Taking it One Day at a Time

Everyday is an adventure. Will this be a good day when I have some energy and can function as a wife and mother? Or will this be a day to go easy on myself and strive to endure until things improve? I am in my 6th cycle of Chemo. Velcade, Dex and Thalidomide. Half way if I can stand it. I have been trying to track a pattern as to what days I can expect to feel good. It seems to be somewhat erratic lately. My Doctor thinks it might be my bodies reaction as I come off the steroid the days following chemo. I am going to try a gradual let down and approach and see if that might prevent the big crashes and pain I have been dealing with. Cross your fingers. The crashes are not fun! My husband has to convince me that I can do this when I start thinking about just quitting the rest of treatment. He reminds me to take it one day at a time. Wow have I got a lot to learn.. but cancer is a very patient teacher and my perspectives of many things have changed and deepened. So I am continuing to trudge along. Looking forward to improved health and appreciating the good things and wonderful people in my life.

3 comments:

Bob OC said...

Thanks for posting this latest update...your "fans" in the blogosphere are thinking of you all the time! Hang in there...

- Bob.

mdtset said...

Hi this is Sue, Here in Tokyo. We are on a temple mission. I have been sick for one week and have not been able to go to work in the temple. I happened to read your blog and it gave me the courage to go forward. I went today and started to cry and came home. I am so weak so through your hope i will try it again today. Love you and my prayers are with you. Sue

Deborah said...

I was thinking of you this morning. About how you are someone I'd like to be more like and about how wonderfully you treated Vanessa and Sam when they were preschoolers. Thank you for that. And, by the way, we still have those Christmas magnets of the kids when they were dressed up as elves! They were so little! All my love,
Deborah

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...