August 13, 2009

Middle of the Night

"It's 3am and I can't sleep standin' on the edge of something much too deep."                                                                                                Sarah McClachlan
Actually It's "Dex week"  This steriod messes with my nerves, sleep, and patience.  But it does crazy things to cancer cells and the proteins they live off of.  So my family puts up with me.
         
        In the middle of the night here is what I think.
We are all lined up in heaven watching earthly gifts being handed out as people leave for earth.  Up ahead someone says, "Who wants cancer?"  I mistakenly hear "who wants answers?" I jump up and down, raise my hand high in the air and say. "I do, I do, Give me a big one!"  
P. S.  My hair is growing back!

1 comment:

Mel and Angus said...

I love to hear your sense of humor is in tact. Or maybe you weren't trying to be funny. It will be nice to have hair again though. I am sorry you are still having to go through such a hard time. I look forward to the say you say, "All done!"

We love you!

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...