April 27, 2009

Faith Will Get Us Through

I recently was reading in the scriptures and found a great quote the I believe fits Kris and our family. 2 Corinthians 4:8-11 8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. 11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. Kris and I have discussed many times the strength of the spirit at this time in our lives. The Lord has not abandoned us. He is with us stronger than ever. Kris is slowly gaining strength. Her white blood cell counts are slowly on the rise. Today is day 10 since the stem cell transplant. This is a milestone day for her. Your comments and prayers are felt and appreciated. I was able to take our kids to see Kris yesterday. It lifted her spirits greatly. People ask what they can do for us and I simply say: "Pray for Kris." Thanks again for all of your prayers and thoughts. Kris will be back soon to write on her blog. Joe Kelly

6 comments:

carolyn said...

I think about you each day and continue to remember you in my prayers. I know this is really, really hard. Hang in there! It does get better.

Saedi said...

I'm so happy to hear that she is improving! Your family is such an inspiration to us all!

Nicole Marrott said...

Kris,
I wish you could be a "fly" on the wall at preschool. Things are going great! I am so excited for the graduation program. It is really coming together nicely. The kids come happy and leave happy! You have a lot asking about next year. You are my hero. Keep going! I can't wait to see you up and "shuffling" again! :)

Melanie Fillmore said...

Kris, We pray for you and your family always. I've driven by your house twice in the last two days. It has that sacred feeling that surrounds a home going through serious challenges. I don't think I'm making this up. It almost felt palpable, both times. I know that Heavenly Father is extra close to you and your family right now to help you through this hard time. He will make you all strong enough to climb this steep mountain. You can do it! I love you!

Monica said...

Let go. Let God. Surrender the pain to Him who can endure it.

Rest. Breathe. Climb.

Anonymous said...

Your are often on my mind and in my prayers. Ever since we have been friends I have always known you were an amazing person. You have always been able to accomplish the things you want. I know that Heavenly Father loves you and wont ever leave your side. Keep on fighting everyday and remember how many people love you and are praying for you. Talk to you soon, Love you always Vivian

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...