January 18, 2009

Angels Among Us

It's Sunday and since I haven't gone to church for weeks now. It's time for my own devotional. It is hard at times to know what exactly to write on this blog or how deep and personal to get. This morning as I was praying about this, I was inspired to open up the Book of Mormon and read the first things my eyes turned to. I found the scripture 3 Nephi 7:18 It is talking about the unrest in the land, The Chief Judge is overthrown and Nephi begins to preach repentance to the people. "And it came to pass that they were angry with him, even because he had greater power, than they, for it were not possible that they could not disbelieve his words (now that's power!) for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily. (Wouldn't that be wonderful) As I read this scripture I realized that I have been administered to by angels. When I was able to go back to my home a couple of weeks ago, Joe quickly made preparations for my return. My neighbors cleaned the carpets-Thanks Giles! and my friends cleaned my house-Thanks Melissa and Lettie! Joe washed all the bedding and put an old quilt I rarely use anymore on the bed. A few days later I woke up feeling really ill. Joe gave me a blessing as I sat in bed. In the blessing I was told that there were many people here to help me. Some from this side of the veil and some who had already left this earth. He had the distinct impression that my Grandmother who died 20 years ago was there with me. It was a beautiful blessing and I strongly felt the love of my Heavenly Father. After the blessing I opened my eyes and looked down on my bed I was covered with the quilt that my Grandmother had made for me for our wedding. It is old and worn and rarely used but I felt my grandmother's love wrapped around me and her spirit with me the rest of the day. My dear sweet Grandmother Rosella Mallory Crook is one of my angels watching over me. I truly believe each one of us have angels in our lives. Maybe we don't always notice them, but they are there. In October General Conference Jeffery R. Holland gave a talk Called "The Ministering of Angels." He speaks of times throughout the beginning with Adam and Eve when God has sent angels to minister to people. "usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near." Elder Holland also said, "I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with--here, now, everyday. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind." I am so blessed to have angels watching over me. Some from beyond the veil and many right here. Providing meals for my family, cleaning my house, carpooling my kids, sharing the twelve days of Christmas, emailing me with encouragement, calling me, sending me cards, gifts, and picking up the slack at home. Thank you! My Angels. Love Kris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris,
I got caught up on your blog after a week + and I am so impressed at your courage and strength. You are great example to all who know you. We keep you in our fasting and prayers and think of you and your family daily. We are all routing for you and know you will make it to the top! Keep that positive attitude, you look great.
Much love,
Karronj

Mel and Angus said...

Kris, Your blog is such an inspiration to me. I am amazed at your attitude and determination! You will be a success in your mountain climb!!

I have always had a testimony of angels helping us through our hard times. I believe that is some of the work that our loved ones, who have gone before us, perform in our behalf. It is comforting to know that we are worth their care in coming back to help us.

We love you and pray for you and your family. God Bless!

Book Girl said...

Kris it was nice to meet you today, I have enjoyed looking at your blog. What a beautiful family you have.

I checked at the front desk at our hotel and they don't have any rooms on Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm sure we will see you at the Huntsman soon. Good luck with transplant tomorrow. Hang in there and remember cancer is a word not a sentence!

Lynn Tanner

Rochelle said...

I was reading through a random book and I ran across this ancient chinese proverb & I thought of you:
"The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." I was also reading through the February Ensign & I read a small story entitled The Blessing of the Blackberry Bush (page 53) & I thought of you again. I hope you have the Ensign so that you can read it. Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts & prayers!

Anderson Adventures said...

Kris
I can't tell you enough how much your positive outlook is amazing. You are truly such a wonderful daughter of god and an awesome example to me. I was able to visit with Dani for a second when she brought over a baby gift. You are so sweet to still think of me when so much is going on in your life. The outfit was adorable. Thank you thank you thank you. He should be coming any time. I am excited and scared to be a mom but I have learned tons from you that will help. Thanks again for your courage, faith, and example. love ya and miss ya.

Christi Anderson

Alesha LeMmon said...

Kris - As I read your blog tonight I could not help but feel the spirit. I sit here typing through big tears. Tears of hope for your recovery, tears of sadness for those who have passed through the veil AND tears of joy for those many angels you speak of. We all need our angels and I'm grateful for the reminder that they are with us always. With love - Alesha

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...