December 28, 2008

Zero and Counting

It's Sunday evening. My family came up and spent the day with me. My parents have a big snow covered hill in their back yard. So I got to snuggle with Joe on the couch and watch the boys sled down the hill and try to outdo each other with their superior sledding, snowboarding, shovel, little red wagon, and snowball skills. I am learning how important white blood cells are and the effects of not having enough. The goal right now is to get my white blood cell count down to almost zero than as it moves back up to a certain point we will begin to Harvest the stem cells. Those immunities are pretty important and it is a strange feeling to feel my body weaken. Sometimes to the point where I can barely hold up a book to read, but this is temporary and I am told I will start to feel better. We are crossing our fingers that the stem cell collection can begin tomorrow. This will take several days so once again I am learning to be patient! I have a port or tubing in place ready for the process. It is a Pain in the neck! I feel like a science experiment. My kids could take me to school inject colored water into one of the tubes on my neck and see what color I turn just like the classic white carnation experiment! okay that's not really funny but It hurts to laugh!

4 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

Im so glad you had a wonderful holiday wiht your family! Your kids are hillarious im glad they gave you a good laugh and something to smile about! Who would have thought sledding would be so fun to watch! hahah. I hope this week goes good for you, you are such a great trooper and exacmple! I love you!!

Andy and Robyn said...

I can TOTALLY see your boys having so much fun trying to outdo each other!! Each one trying to be a little better! I'm hoping/praying that tomorrow is "the" day and they can get to work. I would love to come and see you - let me know when you feel up to it. We only live about 1/2 hour away from your parents. GOOD LUCK!!

Andie said...

Kris, I'm so glad I found your blog. What a lady you are. I missed you a few time I tried to catch you at home, I wish we could have visited before you left for your parents. I am praying that you can begin the collection so you will be able to come home to your loving family soon. I know they all miss you, and I can't imagine how much you miss them. thank goodness your parents are so close. You are in my prayers daily and I want you to know how glad I am that our families met.(thanks Tyler and Gatlin). I will check your blog daily. And if you need anything we are here for you. Love Andie

Andie said...

Kris, I am so glad I found your blog. You are an awesome lady. I missed seeing you the few times I stopped by your house, I wish we could have visited before you left, but I am waiting for you to get back home and we will have a good visit. I hope and pray that they can start the collection soon. I am so glad our families are friends, (thanks Tyler and Gatlin). You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I will check on you often at least through your blog, Joe, or Jan. If I can do anything please let me know. Stay close to our Heavenly Father, he does love us and is aware of our needs. I love you and your sweet family. Love Andie

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...