December 16, 2008

The first day of school

I feel like I am starting medical school 101. Learning about all the procedures, medications, etc. Today was my first day of school. I have a new haircut (very short-we'll see how long it lasts) New clothes (comfortable sweats.) A new notebook (to keep track of all the paperwork.) A new water bottle (gotta keep drinking lots of water) Lots of new books (I love to read!) and a new backpack (filled with chemo and two pumps) and also the love of so many people helping me begin this journey especially my family and parents. Thank you so much, I truly feel your support! And most importantly the spirit of my Heavenly Father. I feel his love and presence many times throughout the day. Lets just say we keep the lines open. Now where are my hiking boots?

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I know that there are a lot of us ready to put our hiking boots on and do anything that we can to help you through this journey!!
Hang in there!!
Melinda

Kristine (the Killer Rabbit) Koncher said...

We found out last week about your situation. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You will be in my thoughts.

Kristine Alvarez

Cara said...

Well then, I wish you a successful year in school, graduate with honors!

Rochelle said...

I am sorry, I didn't know. Laura Lane told me the other day after she ran into you at the store. Your son told me about your blog. I will keep your family in my prayers. I admire your strength & courage.

Fourteenth Year Cancerversary

              My husband and I at my 40th High School Reunion.                                                    Am I seriously that old?! ...